Yonghwa is a Korean musician, singer, record producer, and actor. He is the leader, the lead singer and rhythm guitarist of rock band CNBLUE. Yonghwa Cnblue is much loved and known by audiences through acting roles in popular dramas. Are you curious about this guy? Please refer to the information below to better understand Yonghwa Kpop.
Stage Name: Yonghwa (용화)
Birth Name: Jung Yong Hwa (정용화)
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist, Guitarist, Rapper, Face of The Group
Birth Place: Seoul, but moved to Busan since he was a kid
Date of Birth: June 22, 1989
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Some interesting information about Yonghwa
- His motto is the power of positivity.
- When he wrote the lyrics, he felt like his emotions became better. Instead of expressing your emotions verbally.
- He was’ married ‘to Girls’ Generation / SNSD’s Seohyun in the reality show.
- In his free time, he wrote and composed music. (He composed most of CNBLUE’s songs).
- He wrote the rap lyrics for Light Light’s love while thinking about Seohyun.
- Although he is the oldest and the leader, he is a great joker and a prank of CN Blue (aka Yong Yong Choding Hoi).
- When he was a student, he was good at English and physical education, but he was poor in Math.
- He is also in the top 10 of the class.
- He likes listening to NSYNC and Backstreet Boys when he’s in high school.
- MinHyuk said that YongHwa took good care of his dongsaeng. Once when he had a stomachache, YongHwa gave him a stomach massage.
- Yonghwa joined the army on March 5, 2018.
- Yonghwa’s ideal type: I like good girls who can understand me and support me 100%.
Yonghwa music career
In 2009, the group debuted in Japan with EP Now or Never on August 19, 2009, with an independent brand AI Entertainment. They debuted in Korea in 2010 with EPBluetory, and the lead single “I Am Lonely” became an instant hit in Korea.
On January 14, 2011, Jung released his first solo digital single, “For First Time Lovers”.
In 2014, he released “You, My Star”, a self-composed single for his fans. All profits of singles are donated to charity.
In January 2015, Jung debuted as a solo artist with the album One Fine Day, winning the number one spot on the Billboard World Album chart. Later, Jung embarked on his first solo concert series across Asia.
In 2016, Jung collaborated with Sunwoo Jung-a in a collaborative album project. The duo released two singles, Hello Hello and Empathy; Jung composed “Hello” and co-wrote the lyrics “Sympathy”.
Jung reported collaborating with foreign artists through his first EP work camp, titled Do Disturb.
The EP with a music video for the main single “That Girl” was released on July 19, 2017. Jung released his second Japanese album Summer Calling on August 9, 2017.
Jung has written some notable singles for CNBLUE, including “In My Head” (2011), “Where You Are” (2012) and “I’m sorry” (2013). In particular, his “Unstoppable” composition for the group’s fifth EP has been well received and received many criticisms from Kpop fans and fans.
With the movie Heartstrings (2011), he composed and sang “Because I Miss You”. He also produced “Casting Love” for the soundtrack of Marry Him If You Dare (2013), sung by Jeon Gun-Hwa.
Jung also composed for other artists. He composed and produced “Fool” (also known as “Babo”) as a gift for his friend Juniel. Jung has released 17 works for the first half of 2012.
As a gift to CNBLUE School in Burkina Faso, Africa, Jung helped produce their “School Song”. In 2013, Jung composed the song “Feel Good”, Samsung Galaxy’s brand song, which was released on YouTube on August 23, 2013.
Yonghwa’s acting career
Jung Yong-Hwa debuted as an actor before debuting his band in Korea. He was the first member of CNBLUE to appear on the screen in 2009 when he won his first role in SBS drama Beautiful Beautiful.
In 2011, Jung was selected to join the MBC youth drama, Heartstrings, along with band member Kang Min-hyuk.
In 2014, Jung took on the leading role in the period action film Three Musketeers.
In 2017, Jung made his debut on the big screen in the Chinese culinary film Cook Up a Storm with Nicholas Tse. That same year, Jung starred in JTBC’s romantic love drama The Pack with Lee Yeon-hee.
In 2010, Jung became one of SBS’s direct music program Inkigayo and a variety of Night After Night talk show. He left both programs in 2011.
In 2018, Jung participated in Talk Mon talk show with Kang Ho-dong as the host.
Some of Jonghwa’s best pictures
Through the above information, it must have helped you to better understand Yonghwa and his musical and artistic activities. It can be seen that Yonghwa is a talented and handsome singer, songwriter, actor. If you love him too, don’t forget to support him and wish him more and more success!