Winner Profile: Full Name Update, Birthday, Religion, Height And Facts
Winner Profile is a Korean boy band formed by YG Entertainment. This group was formed in 2013, the group debuted in 2014. Currently, the group with the first 4 members is Jinwoo, Seunghoon, Mino, and Seungyoon. The first member Thursday, Taehyun, left the group in November 2016.
2010 – 2013: Before launch
– In 2010, leader Kang Seungyoon was a contestant in the Superstar K2 singing competition, making it to the final four. Next year he signed a contract with YG Entertainment and debuted in acting in the High Kick sitcom: Revenge of the Short Legged.
– Lee Seunghoon was also a contestant singing a reality show, competing at K-Pop Star 1 in 2012. He was then ranked 4th and recruited by Yang Hyun-suk. 5 he signed a contract with YG.
– Song Minho started his music career as an underground rapper under the name “Mino”, cooperating with another rappers-turned-idols underground such as Block B ‘s Zico, Kyung, and PO and SPEED’ s Taewoon.
– Kim Jinwoo attended the Joy Plug In Music Academy before joining YG. Here he even saw Seungri Big Bang. And he became a trainee in 2010.
– Nam Taehuyn was recruited in 2011 through an audition. He and Jinwoo performed as backup dancers at the YG Family concert 2011.
2013 – 2014: Winner and launch
– Five trainees competed as “Team A” in the reality TV show WIN: Who Is Next, broadcast on Mnet, to debut as a group.
– October 25, 2013, they announced that they had won the contest and will debut as Winner. And they will perform as a musical opening for Big Bang’s Japanese on November 15.
– In 2014, Seungyoon and Mino appeared on a song for Yoon Jong-shin’s March project
– On the 1st and 2nd, Winner appeared as a guest on 2NE1 ‘All or Nothing’ concert at the Olympic Park SK Olympic Handball Arena in Bangi-dong.
– Showcase debut was officially held on the 6th with the 2014 S / S album. And they became the first boy band to win a music show by winning first place in the group chart. on M Countdown.
– In October 2019, the group released the Japanese version of their debut album 014 S / S: Japan Collection and peaked at No. 2 on the Chart at position 2 in the Oricon Charts. They started Japan’s first solo concert on September 11.
2015 – 2016: Solo and Taehuyn leave
– In 2015, the group interrupted by the members participating in solo activities. In which Taehyun appeared in several roles on television. Similarly, Seungyoon also returned to his acting activities with some successful CJ E & M We Broke Up films that garnered more than 16 million views. Mino participated in Mnet’s fourth season Rap Contest Show Me the Money as runner-up.
– In September, the group started their second Japanese tour ending in October with more than 36,000 attendees.
– The group’s first song released in 2016 is a “starter” duet featuring Mino and Taehuyn titled “Prick”. It was ranked No. 2 on MelOn and No. 1 on iTunes by nine countries.
– In April, Winner appeared on JTBC Half-Moon Friends’ variety show. This is a popular program in China with over 75 million views on Miaopai. And they were also voted by KOTRA as the famous ambassador of Korea Brand & Entertainment EXPO by KOTRA.
– On October 12, YG Entertainment announced that Taehyun will temporarily leave the group and the rest of the Movement Movement series will be postponed indefinitely. And on November 25 they made an official announcement on this issue. And they also announced that they will work with 4 members without adding a member.
2017: Fate Number For and Our Twenty For
– January 2017: The members started to suggest their comeback in the near future and YG also confirmed that the group will release their album in April. “Really Really” debuted at 3rd place of “Best the Week “of Apple Music. After continuing their success, they organized an introductory program that lasted about 3 days.
– In May, Winner released their first Japanese single, which included Really Really “Japanese” and “Fool” in Japanese.
– Then the next time of the members is involved in some programs.
– On November 30, Seungyoon and Mino released “The Door, Lemon OST for tvN’s film, Prison Playbook. The lyrics were written by Zico and Song Mino and composed by Zico and Pop Time.
– As of December 2017, Realy Realy has surpassed 100 million views and brought Winner to become the first male group to surpass 100 million times while keeping the ‘Chart-In’ status.
2018: Japan tour
– In February 2018, Winner released their second Japanese single, “Our Twenty Four”, consisting of two new Japanese original songs, “Rain” and “Have a Good Day”. They also embarked on the fourth Japan Tour.
– April 4, EVERYD4Y’s second studio album was released along with the title track “Everyday. This album was released with the Everyday theme song. It quickly came in at # 1. 8 Korean charts and also quickly ranked No. 1 on iTunes in 18 countries around the world.
– June 17, Winner successfully held his own stage, WWIC 2018, 3 years from their last event back in 2015.
– July 4, Winner announced their first tour, EVERYWHERE. The tour begins in Seoul. The group then had some tours in Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore, Manila, Jakarta, and Hong Kong.
– On July 20, WHERE R U FROM, the secondary title song for Big Bang Seungri ‘THE GREAT SEUNGRI’s solo album was released.
– November 26, member Mino (rapper) released his first solo album ‘XX, with Fiance being the theme song.
– At the end of December, it will mark the milestone of their return.
Winner Profile Member
Winner Profile has 4 members, previously a member left the group. These are Jinwoo, Seunghoon, Mino, and Seungyoon.
1. Jinwoo / Jinu
Stage Name: Jinu (his former stage name was Jinwoo)
Name: Kim Jin Woo (Kim)
Position: Lead Vocalist, Visual
Hometown: Imjado, South Korea
Birthday: September 26, 1991
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Height: 177 cm (5’10 ”)
Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Jinu was born in Imjado, he has two older sisters in his family and he also has 5 years as a trainee so he has learned many interesting things. His hobby is swimming, playing music and raising cats. Jinu’s ideal type is a tall, cute face like a puppy. He also doesn’t like her wearing high heels because he is quite inferior in height. Ideal height is 165cm.
2. Seunghoon / Hoony
Stage Name: Hoony (his former stage name was Seunghoon)
Birth Name: Lee Seung Hoon (이승훈)
Position: Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist
Hometown: Busan, South Korea
Birthday: January 11, 1992
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height: 182 cm (6’0 ″)
Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Hoony was born in Busan and he is the youngest child in the house. He also writes music often and can speak Japanese well. In addition, if he has the time he likes to learn to play tennis. As for his ideal type, he is a fashionista and it would be good to have a girlfriend like that. He also likes people with cute looks.
Stage Name: Mino
Birth Name: Song Min Ho (송민호)
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist, Face of the Group
Hometown: Yongin, South Korea
Birthday: March 30, 1992
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Height: 180 cm (5’11 ”)
Weight: 57 kg (126 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Mino was born in Yongin and was the eldest son in the house, with a younger sister behind. He attended Hanlim Arts High School. Especially he is very afraid of insects. His hobby is composing music, writing lyrics, drawing pictures, playing basketball, taking photos. Happy and friendly people will suit him. In addition, he also hopes that his lover can play drums. And of course, know the joke.
4. Seungyoon / Yoon
Stage Name: Yoon (his former stage name was Seungyoon)
Birth Name: Kang Seung Yoon (강승윤)
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist, Maknae
Hometown: Busan, South Korea
Birthday: January 21, 1994
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height: 178 cm (5’10 ”)
Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
Blood Type: B
He was born in Busan and was the only child in the family. Studied at Busan Music and Arts High School. From 8th grade, he started playing guitar. and has appeared on several television shows. On personal preference, he likes to eat apples, rice and he also speaks English and Japanese very well. Yoon’s ideal type is someone like Seunghoon and someone who has that kind of personality and personality. Those who try to be better even though the result may not be as desirable will be particularly appealing to him.
2014 S / S released August 12. And the Korean version was released September 10.
2017: Really Really
– Zepp Tour in Japan (2014)
– Japan Tour (2015)
– Exit Tour (2017)
– Japan Tour 2018 ~ We’ll always be young ~ (2018)
– Everywhere Tour (2018-2019)
The Winner Profile includes all the information about the group we want to share for you. Thereby you will better understand the members of the group as well as the group’s musical activities from the launch date to the present time. In the near future, the group will also release some new albums. And they also announced the activities of some group members as solo and personal. If you’re a fan of this group, don’t miss the interesting information about the group!