Wendy Red Velvet Updates Name, Birthday, Religion, Height, And Facts
Wendy is a Canadian-born Korean singer, member of the Korean girl group Red Velvet formed and managed by S.M Entertainment. Wendy Red Velvet plays the lead role in the group. She is loved and admired not only by her voice but also cute, lovely. Please refer to this article to better understand this talented girl.
Stage Name: Wendy (웬디)
English Name: Wendy Son (웬디 손)
Korean Name: Son Seung Wan (손승완)
Vị trí: Main Vocalist
Birthday: February 21, 1994
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Height: 160 cm (5’3 “) (Official) / 158 cm (5’1”) (Approx. Real height)
Weight: 47 kg (104 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Birth Place: Seongbuk-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Family: Parents, an older sister
Interesting information about Wendy
- Her nickname is Olaf, Wan-ah. The color of her designation is blue. Her representative animal is a dog.
- Her hobbies are: find rare songs, cook, stroll through the cafes, sing. She said that she loves music because both her parents are music lovers.
- Her favorite clothes are simple clothing and something simple and simple. She is known as a “reaction queen”.
- Her favorite number is 77. The other members chose her as the strongest member.
- She is very intelligent and has excellent grades in school. She received the Presidential Award in grade 8 and her name was engraved in the famous hall of the school.
- She can speak four different languages - English, Korean, Spanish and French. She wants to learn jazz and drum.
- She wants to learn Chinese and Japanese to communicate with her fans. Wendy was chosen as the most distinctive member on screen and off screen. Wendy has the least aegyo in the members.
- Wendy says she’s a big fan of Joy. According to the other members, Wendy is the most beautiful person without makeup. She is currently sharing a room with Seulgi.
- Wendy’s ideal type: Someone who respects, cares about and is beautiful when they laugh, is also a good foodie. Someone like her father.
Wendy was born in Seongbuk-dong, Seoul, Korea. Born in a musical family, she expressed her desire to become a singer when she was only five. Besides her passion for singing, she is also capable of playing many instruments, including piano, guitar, flute, and saxophone.
She lived with her family in Jecheon until she was in fifth grade and then moved to Canada to study with her sister Son Seung-hee. Seung-wan lived in Brockville, Ontario before moving to the United States and attending Shattuck-Saint Mary’s Middle School in Faribault, Minnesota, where she received numerous awards both academically and in singing. Here, she started using her English name as “Wendy Son”.
She later attended Richmond Hill High School in Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and joined the school’s Vocal Fusion Choir. During her time in both countries, she became fluent in English and also learned to speak French and Spanish.
In 2010, she participated in the “Koreaboo: Cube Entertainment Global Auditions 2011” competition and became one of 15 finalists in Vancouver, Canada.
In 2012, Wendy became a trainee of S.M. Entertainment through the selection system S.M. Global Audition was held in Canada.
In 2014, she was introduced to the public as a member of the internship group S.M. Rookies of the company, and then released the soundtrack song “Because I Love You” by Mimi.
Wendy debuted as a member of Red Velvet. The band debuted “Happiness” on August 1, 2014.
Wendy teamed up with rapper Yuk Jidam for the song “Return”, an OST for Who Are You: School 2015 by KBS2. The song was released on June 8, 2015, and debuted at 31st on the Gaon Singles Chart. She also released another song “Let You Know” for the soundtrack to JTBC’s D-Day film on October 16th.
In January 2016, Wendy became the panelist of We Got Married and joined the King of Mask Singer as a contestant named “Space Beauty Maetel”.
In March 2016, she teamed up with Eric Nam as “Spring Love,” as part of SM Station. The song reached number 7 on Gaon Digital Chart of Korea. In July 2016, Wendy and fellow member Seulgi released the soundtrack titled “Do not Push Me” for the movie Uncontrollably Fond.
In October 2016, she became the panelist for Trick & True with fellow member Irene. In December 2016, Wendy participated in two SM Station singles, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” pianist Moon Jung-Jae and violinist Nile Lee, and “Sound of Your Heart” combined. with some of SM Entertainment’s artists. In that month, she also contributed her voice in the English version of the throne In that month, she also contributed to the English version of Ricky Martin’s Latin star “Vente Pa ‘Ca”.
Wendy released the song “I Can Only See You” with Seulgi in January 2017 for the OST of the Hwarang drama.
In February, she sang the Korean version of “My Time”, part of the Disney Channel’s Elena of Avalor OST and also appeared in the MV. In that month, she also became host to KBS World’s K-Rush.
On October 27, she along with Kangta and Seulgi released a remake of the song “인형 (Doll)” by Shin Hye-sung of Shinhwa and Lee Ji-hoon, as part of the SM Station project.
The MV of the song uses footage from their live performance at SMTOWN LIVE TOUR V in JAPAN and was released on the same day. She also released with Baek A-Yeon on December 2 with a song titled “The Little Match Girl”.
Some of Wendy’s most beautiful pictures
Is the information interesting? Hopefully, through this article, you can better understand Wendy and if she is a fan of her, always follow up and support her to succeed on the way of her art. As well as cheering and watching the next Red Velvet music project!