Kyung-soo (born January 12, 1993), commonly known as D.O., is a Korean singer and actress, a member of the EXO Korea-China boyband group formed by S.M. Entertainment established and managed. Let’s find out more about the guy D.O. EXO through the article below.
General information about D.O. EXO:
Stage Name: D.O (디오)
Birth Name: Do Kyung Soo (도경수)
Location: Main Vocalist
Birthday: January 12, 1993
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Height: 173 cm (5’8 “)
Blood Type: A
Hometown: Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Specialties: Singing, beatbox
Super Power (Badge): Force
D.O. EXO History and Artistic Performance:
D.O. Born in Goyang City, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on January 12, 1993, he attended Goyang Poongsan Elementary School, Baekshin Secondary School, and Baekseok High School. He has a 3 year older brother named Do Seung-soo.
In 2010, after winning a local singing competition, D.O. participated in an audition for SM Entertainment with the songs “Anticipation” by Na Yoon-Kwon and “My Story” by Brown Eyed Soul. He became a trainee of the company in the last two years of high school.
D.O. was announced as the eighth official member of EXO on January 30th and then debuted with the group on April 8, 2012. In July 2013, D.O. make a cameo appearance in the song Goodbye Summer, Second studio album Pink Tape with f (x) company. In December 2013, D.O. and two members Baekhyun and Chen performed “Miracles in December”, the theme song of EXO’s mini-album of the same name.
In September 2014, D.O. assumed his first role in the Cart movie as Choi Tae-young, a high school student. In the film, Tae-young’s mother (actor Yum Jung-ah) works at a large grocery store and stands up for his benefit after being unfairly fired. He also performed the theme song for the movie Crying Out. Thanks to this role, he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the 52nd Grand Bell Awards. Later, D.O. appear in the TV drama “Only Love Can Be Beside Two Actors”.
Gong Hyo-jin and Jo In-sung. He took on the role of Han Kang-woo, an icon in the illusion of the protagonist Jang Jae-yeol (Jo In-sung), who suffered from schizophrenia. This role continued to help him be nominated for Best New Actor at the 51st Baeksang Arts Awards and won two awards: “Best Young Actor” at the Seoul International Film Festival “Best Newcomer” at the 3rd APAN Star Awards.
In April 2016, D.O. was confirmed to star in the movie Deathly Hallows: Between the Worlds of Director Kim Yong-Hwa alongside actors Ha Jung-woo, Cha Tae-Hyun and Ju Ji- Hoon In the movie, he plays the soldier Won – a young soldier in his tragic when he accidentally killed his team-mate brother dear. In October 2016, he played the male lead alongside actress Chae Seo-jin in the web drama Be Positive produced by Samsung.
In November 2016, he was announced to be in the movie Room 7, starting filming in January 2017. In November 2016, he was cast as Doo-young, a national Judo athlete. Next to Jo Jung-suk and Park Shin-Hye in the movie My Annoying Brother. He and Jo Jung-suk also performed the movie’s Do not Worry theme song. With his diverse acting skills and constant progress made visible through this role, D.O. has won five awards at various awards ceremonies.
In January 2016, he co-starred in the animated film, The Underdog, which is slated for release in 2018. He voiced the character of Moongchi, a stray dog, separated from his owner. that.
In 2018, he attended Swing Kids, a film set in a concentration camp in North Korea during the Korean War. He plays a North Korean soldier who loves to dance. The same year, he played the prince in Dear Husband of 100 Days.
Some interesting notes about D.O. EXO:
-His nicknames are: Heenjabuja (rich in whites), Umma, Orchestra boy, The pop-out eyes, Pororo (He stated once that Pororo resembles him a lot.)
– Personality: Quiet, acts like a mother to the other members, sentimental, considerate
– He has heart-shaped eyes and round eyes.
– He is like the mother of the group. He always does the cooking and looks after the other members.
– If the EXO dorms are messy, D.O. will nag the other members.
– He’s very shy with strangers. If someone else starts the conversation, and is closed with it.
– If D.O is in the company of only EXO members, he will joke around a lot.
– When he gets nervous, he forgets things easily.
– He is close with EXO-K’s Kai.
– He does not call Chanyeol “hyung” because Chanyeol told him he wants to be close friends.
– He likes singing while Chanyeol plays the guitar.
– He can play the piano.
– He loves cooking and mostly cooks for the members.
– He has a habit of humming songs.
– Hobbies: Interpreting lyrics, singing, beatboxing.
– His favorite type of music: Pop.
– His favorite type of movie: Fantasy movies
– His favorite number is 1.
– His favorite color is black.
– He is obsessed with cleaning. He is always tidy and likes to sort things by color, brands, and type.
– If he did not become a singer, he would’ve been a chef.
– He says one of his secrets is that he has a lot of little moles on his body.
– When he can not sleep, he’ll turn on a movie.
– D.O’s ideal type is a girl who is kind and eats well.
Some highlights of D.O EXO:
D.O. EXO With a clear, warm voice, his tone is not as wide and as high as Chen or Baekhyun, but easy to get into his heart. Organic, deep, soft voice, suitable for many genres of music, D.O. has also left many marks when singing live, especially his typical bass. In addition, D.O. also performed very well as an actor, right from the first role he proved to the fans that not everyone who started as a singer cannot act. a day-by-day effort of D.O. EXO paid off. Please support D.O. EXO on the road ahead art offline.